Wonderfully Simple

Sunday, November 20, 2005
Those were the days

Whoa. Yet another fact dawned upon me today. Not only do I write in such a different style now, more disappointing is the fact that my command of the language has deteriorated. Sadness. SADNESS!

Anyway, I was looking through my archives and I found some stuff I thought I'd like to share...

My Question
When friends don't seem like friends
When they seem like acquaintances
Is when it can hurt
Is when it can spread gloom
But who is an acquaintance;
Who is a friend?

I can't find the answer,
For I've yet to master
The intricacies of life.
Am I a lonely soul?
One unable to communicate well?

Or just someone everyone loves to hate?
I feel ignored
Yet that's because I might be demanding too much.
Is that right of me?
I ask thee.




This was written back when I was still... in the pits of emotional lows. Personally I find it quite poetic, and more importantly, it kinda embodies the personal issues that I face. That is, whenever I'm with a friend, I tend to want the attention of the person, which sometimes feels very selfish, yet concurrently makes me wonder if the person regards me as someone of importance.

That being said, I treasure friendship a whole damn lot, which sort of keeps the other psycho control freak side of me in check. I want my friends to be happy. Then I'd be happy.