Wonderfully Simple

Tuesday, November 29, 2005
Halt.

Okay, in order to prevent this blog from further degradation into a graveyard yet again, I shall blog! Har! Sigh... nothing much happening of late, aside from some stupid things thought of by yours truly. Too much thinking is hazardous to mental health sometimes, don't you think?

Well, I guess I'll go through 3 CDs that I purchased not too long ago.


First up,

A Fabulous Adventure - Cheer Chen
Favourite Tracks:
1) Self
2) Hua Li De Mao Xian
3) Hua De Zi Tai

This is the bottom right CD with a blue cover... Most reviews I read gave at least 4 stars, which is an impressive feat by itself, but after listening to the CD through and through, I think it's well deserved. Save for one track, the tunes and vocals are exceedingly soothing and melodic. The singer, Cheer Chen, released this album after a hiatus of nearly 3 years, and I must say that while this is my first time listening to her, I am more than satisfied with my buy =) One gripe I have though, is the English track, Sentimental Kills. The way she enunciates the words is so exaggerated that it kinda ruins the song...

November's Chopin - Jay Chou
Favourite Tracks:
1) Shan Hu Hai
2) Yi Lu Xiang Bei
3) Ye Qu & Fa Ru Xue - I can't decide which I like better

Ok, to call this album anything but good would probably offend a million people, but it's justified, not 'cos of the proliferated popularity of Jay, but because the album is good. Sure, he didn't really venture anywhere, but this album is rock solid in the genres he's so familiar with. As my friend said, this album is more ballad-ish, which I find much to my liking. The faster and rappy tracks aren't too far off that I can't appreciate them too, and they're catchy, like Lan Se Feng Bao that has a handphone tune in it, so that's a plus haha... As you can notice I'm biased towards slower songs, hence why I chose Shan Hu Hai over the more popular Ye Qu.

Do The A-Side - Do As Infinity
Favourite Tracks:
1) Yesterday & Today
2) TAO
3) Tangerine Dream
4) rumble fish
5) Tooku Made

F.I.R sounds quite a bit like them, and I like F.I.R's music so damn much, so this shouldn't be too far off, which is the case. Again, I find myself liking the slower tracks more, but most, if not all, of the pop-rock tracks are of my taste too, so I really liked this compilation, which is the only album of their's that I bought, seeing that I wanted a good collection of their songs anyway, and this was their last album before they officially broke up. ( Whew, what a mouthful.) Which is sad, 'cos their music is great.

So, I recently read about another local singer (Kaira Kwong) that sounds like Stefanie Sun and Tanya Chua AND Kit Chan... so I might check her out sometime soon... Like maybe when I get my pay next month, 'cos I'm pretty broke for now =(

Anyway, everyone's partying now that they've finished all their exams... And I feel left out =/

I hate NS.