Wonderfully Simple

Thursday, March 18, 2004

Ouch.

One word summarises perfectly how my dental surgery went. After coming out I felt oh-so-crappy.

Sore throat, disorientation from the anaesthesia, and a very numb and swollen lower jaw - just some of the after-effects of the operation.
I try to drink water, but my lower lip refuses to listen - it's as limp as crap.
My throat hurts even more from 14 hours without water - just what I need with a numb lower jaw.
Slowly, my head clears - I'm able to think! Wow!
Then slowly I figure out how best to drink water without letting the floor consume more than me.
Success.
The pain subsides, and I feel infinitely better.
Soon after, I get discharged and I'm on my way home...

Well, back at home my mum made some fish porridge for me, which I drank. I couldn't even use the sides of my mouth cos it'd hurt bad... Crappy I tell you... Anyway, after porridge I had my medicine and I napped for an hour... That quirked me up quite a bit... no more numb lower jaw, no more sore throat =) So I guess it's back to normal daily routine minus good food T_T

I think I'm going to do an inquest on the matter yesterday... sounds so formal =x Just going to find out who, what, when...