Wonderfully Simple

Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Just because my life is not much more interesting than a dustbin's doesn't mean you should go point it out Leon =/ But yea, I do agree that my life is monochromatic, and I lack the literary ability to actually add colour to it in a blog entry. So go ahead and blame me then T_T.

I'm back in the sch's comp lab, with nary a thing to do. Just a few more days to the holidays... then can relax~

Anyway, back to Saturday... (To Leon: Boring text imminent. Close browser now.)
Went to Marina Bay, waited for the better part of an hour for everyone to arrive *cough* which wasn't everyone *cough*, then we headed to the actual place where we were going to dine. Just as we exited the station, I saw my friend and *ahem ahem*... haha... That coincidence alone confirmed something that she tried to deny =P Sorry for the fogged up details there...

Anyway, we continued walking to the bus-stop, but we were waylaid by some guy trying to coerce people to dine at his boss's restaurant. We discussed a little, and soon we were on our way to food =D~ They even had a bus to fetch us there. Gosh. This is how tough the competition has become over at Marina South... at least the consumer benefits from all the added service =) Econs at work... although my interest in that commonsensical subject has dwindled dramatically. (I realised I'm writing alot of asides. Sheesh. Forgive me yet again.)

Dinner progressed pretty well... and the food wasn't disappointing at all =D We talked and joked and laughed all the way... Oh yeah... the night sky sure provided us with ample opportunities to comment about Russell's skin colour (<- hot topic of discussion). We took pics using Johnson's camera, and some were really hilarious. Anyway, soon our bellies were bulging and hungers satiated, so it was time to bring out the cake. In all it's glory, we sang a birthday song for ourselves and for Sean as well. Glad to say that our class was together for once. Haha... After that... we hung around for a little while longer, then started to disperse... some went to play pool, the girls waited for one of their parents to fetch them, while me, Yi Chai and Min Yao walked to the MRT, I would have stayed to play pool, but I didn't really want to spend more money than I already did, and staying over at Sean's place wasn't much of an option either, since I had church the next morning =( The night ended there... a night that will live on as the day that 05/03 had a dinner together...

Sunday came, Sunday went without much happening, except for the evening when me, Russell and our dear Leon went to play LAN games. WC3 took up an hour and ended in a pretty dumb manner, but the most enjoyable part was when we played Half-Life. No, not CS. Half-Life. What can I say, snarks are heckuva fun. Well, I, having strayed from the path of FPSes, got pretty much owned by the 2 of them. But we had many good laughs at the myriad of situations that popped up. Most of them centred about snarks and me exterminating them =/ By the time we ended, it was 10.30 at night, so we bade farewell, and that was the end of the week... I was out for more time than I was in during the weekend (I mentioned this previously, right?).

On Sunday night... when I got home and went online, I managed to tell someone something that I was afraid to say, for the repercussions might have worsened current circumstances. Apprehension plagued me after that, but soon I was glad that I did what I did... Things were going back on track thanks to that little message I sent. And I'm happy about that. (Again, sorry for the secrecy. Privacy for both parties should be respected IMO.)

The past few days have been the normal fare, with school taking centrestage, and boredom, the lighting. Well, I don't know if boredom is the word actually. All the time we say we're bored, but it seems that we say it... for the sake of saying it. We're just too used to the notions of routine that we don't appreciate the small things that unfurl in our daily lives. Friends, family and commmunity pepper our lives with so much flavouring, that we really shouldn't be saying that we're bored. Yet we do. At least, I do. Why? For a lack of things to say? Or because we just don't think that the small things are worth mentioning?

Sheesh. Talk about a grand hypocrisy. I just said I'm bored and I'm now saying all this -_-.

All in all... this period of time has been very eventful... and I guess I have mixed feelings on all that has transpired.

~The end of His Boring Life, part 5~