Wonderfully Simple

Monday, March 08, 2004

I've decided to pick up HTML to beautify this gaudy looking collage I call a webpage. Hopefully by the end of the holidays I'd have managed to come up with something at least presentable.

Anyway, back to Saturday. Soccer, followed by going down to AMK central to get a cake for dinner later. We got a chocolate truffle cake, which looked good. When we ate it later that night, the taste sure matched up to our expectations... it was good =D~~~ ...Ok, before I start dreaming of Cakeland, let me move on. Me and Chris returned to AJ to watch the talentime... It was great I tell you... the performances were surprisingly good. The winning band consisted of an electric guitarist, an electric bass guitarist and a drummer.. they played/sang Billie Jean, Slide and erm... I can't recall what's the last song. They didn't play the full songs though... just parts of them transitioning into each other. The music they played was AWESOME, bringing in cheers and applause from all over the auditorium (where the event was held). The vocal category was won by a group from the choir (duh), but the other performances were definitely noteworthy. The group sang 2 songs A Capella... One was by a boyband and I just can't seem to recall the names of the songs grrrr... There was a girl who sang solo... and she was a siren. Pity that she didn't win. I thought she would =( Yeap. Oh yeah, 2 guys from another class also entered the finals with an original composition of theirs. It sounded very good! The lyrics were pretty catchy too... I must say they did a VERY good job with the song! Speaking of original compositions... I'm quite surprised I didn't get to hear the song that won a songwriting contest... What a loss... Ah well, other things at the talentime included some guest performances... One was this stand-up comedy put up by 2 students... Pretty entertaining, and it's not hard to see a future in showbiz for them in the future haha... Another performance was by 2 guitarists... They strummed 2 pieces... one was a slow piece called The Bard's Song, which was soothing and well, it really gave you the feeling of sitting in an olden inn listening to a bard sing of stories of great (mis)adventure. The other piece was rockish, and it showed off just how nimble their fingers were. I was like "...WHOA!" when one of them started playing really quickly. The last guest performance was by 2 teachers, one playing the guitar (it seems to be such a common instrument -_- I see it everywhere I tell you), and the other sang. The voice was pretty good... All in all, the whole talentime was a great success~

Next up: Dinner @ Marina South. Tomorrow k? Lol this is turning out to be some 5 part special haha.