Wonderfully Simple

Monday, December 15, 2003

Its strange how the most agonizing decisions in your life are seldom the most important. For the important ones, what you’re supposed to do is already laid out in black and white, hence, things like selection of schools are a breeze, either because we are too young to comprehend what’s happening, or too old and jaded to give a damm.

The true source of our wonderful migraines and headaches are the little minor decisions that get blow up into epic proportions after a horrible period of indecision. A classic would be the age old “where to eat lunch?” dilemma. Innocent enough, yet this question sees many a group of lunch goers literally stoning along the pavement as they wait for someone to make up their minds.

While lunch serves (no pun intended) as a candid example, the multitude of decision centered around or involving love in anyway will forever be a mish mash of indecisiveness. Getting into a relationship for example… even in my happiest days with vonnie, some naggy and infernal part of my brain will annoy me with the question of what would I be like now if I were still single and had to asked von? Happier? Sadder?

And recently, I have to make the call, which I prayed I would never need to. Between friendship and love, I had tried to play both sides and make everyone happy, but as someone told me… I’m not vash the stampede. And I could only choose love. Yet in the end, I’m confiding in the choice I did not choose… how bitterly ironic.