Wonderfully Simple

Thursday, November 06, 2003

"Some things are better left unsaid." How true this statement is.

I happen to blog very irregularly now do I... got not much of a sign that anyone's reading this crap anyway, so I guess it matters not.

Anyway, today was the last day of school. Got our entry proofs and our results slip, which was of course irrelevant for most part, since we already got our results way back. Still haven't got a confirmation as to whether i can take 2 S papers though, and well, while I don't exactly mind if i'm unable to do so, it would be nice to know that i could potentially obtain a scholarship to help my mum with her finances. Financial support for 3 children studying at the tertiary level is no joke.

Today... was a most weird day... For some reason, in school i suddenly became very depressed, and I couldn't pinpoint why... Felt better after a while though... A trip down to Sean's house together with Angela was called for after school though I wasn't exactly expecting it... Slippped into a short slumber over there, which was followed shortly by usage of the evil, evil computer over there. I mean, it was a monstrosity to anyone with a short fuse. 64MB of RAM just won't cut it, not when XP takes up almost all of it haha... seeing Angela get frustrated over the comp was a sight to behold. Basically, the comp was mishandled (or manhandled?) lol. Prior to that, Angela was in a state of hysteria after looking at the Sean's old photos, photos of when he was still the chubby little boy that he grew out of. Photos sure are a great device for laughter-induction XD.

Well, the chinese AO is tomorrow. I've officially given up on it lol. I'm ardently hoping for luck to flood the examination grounds where I'll make a last stand against the insurmountable tide of foreign characters. After which I'll further alienate myself from the language that has left a pockmark on every single (significant) results slip that I've painstakingly obtained thus far. The Singaporean Education System. Some beast under the guise of a friendly promoter of creativity. Creativity? They mean creativity within boundaries. So much for thinking outside the box. PFFT!!!

You Learn - Alanis Morissette
I recommend getting your heart trampled on to anyone
I recommend walking around naked in your living room
Swallow it down (what a jagged little pill)
It feels so good (swimming in your stomach)
Wait until the dust settles

(chorus)
You live you learn
You love you learn
You cry you learn
You lose you learn
You bleed you learn
You scream you learn

I recommend biting off more than you can chew to anyone
I certainly do
I recommend sticking your foot in your mouth at any time
Feel free
Throw it down (the caution blocks you from the wind)
Hold it up (to the rays)
You wait and see when the smoke clears

(repeat chorus)

Wear it out (the way a three-year-old would do)
Melt it down (you're gonna have to eventually anyway)
The fire trucks are coming up around the bend

(repeat chorus)

You grieve you learn
You choke you learn
You laugh you learn
You choose you learn
You pray you learn
You ask you learn
You live you learn