Wonderfully Simple

Sunday, September 21, 2008
GCAC

Games Convention Asia Conference.

This year they made it free for students on the 20th, so I grabbed the opportunity to go, along with some of my friends from school. The talks provided a lot of insight to the games industry, from what it takes to get and stay inside, to the trends of the industry.

The panel at the end of the day was unequivocally the most fruitful, though. Titled "What companies look for in Fresh Graduates", it served to answer many of the questions before I had even thought of them. Hearing all the input from the panel made me think about which area I was truly interested in, out of all the aspects of game development, or whether my niche was in game development even. It gave me this sense of conviction that I needed to start off some really serious thinking about the future. I'm still looking around for more information, and reflecting on what I can or should do before I graduate.

Right now I'm thinking of what to do next summer break - to go on an internship, or to help out in FOCC again. I'm a little torn, but I think 2 years in NUSSU might be enough already. This is still far away, so there's plenty of time to consider.

Anyway, recess week is here, which is going to be followed by 3 midterm tests, and approaching project deadlines. It won't be much of a rest, because of CCA stuff, and the pile of undone work.

Wall.