Wonderfully Simple

Tuesday, September 09, 2008
Accomplish

I realised I haven't given an account of daily happenings in some time now. Right now I'm quite satisfied with what I sought out to do and accomplished today. Skipped a lecture in the morning, but I made up for it later in the day by copying notes (Thanks Shu Ann!).

So my first lesson was the tutorial for the same module as the lecture - Reading Visual Images. Crudely put, it's picture comprehension - on steroids. Yeah, do you remember the daunting oral examinations back in primary school? Now imagine having to describe a work of art... and every sliver of background information related to it. That's the module for you. Well, it's interesting for sure, but I think it's a little heavy on the memory.

Anyway, I'm also doing a module that requires me to draw stuff, to understand the Principles of Visual Communication. Another interesting module, but the grading is purely continual assessment. I just finished an assignment that required me to take an object, and simplify it to a pictogram, in 5 stages of abstraction. It should appear on my blog for the module soon.

Apart from academic stuff, I also confirmed the Mid-Autumn Gathering for 05/03 - a yearly tradition we've been having since our JC days heh. It's been 5 fabulous years and still counting now. Time has passed inexorably, but we're still very much in constant contact with each other. Once again, a toast to this uncanny group of friends - 05.

There's a reason to everything.