Wonderfully Simple

Sunday, October 23, 2005
Music, part 1

Decided to go through my CD collection... The ones I love, the ones I loathe.

Ayumi Hamasaki - Rainbow
Ayumi Hamasaki - A Best
Ayumi Hamasaki - I am...
Ayumi Hamasaki - My Story

Mm... Not too much I can say about these... Ayumi's got a pretty unique voice, and most of these CDs (with the exception of My Story) was bought during the time when I was crazy over her songs haha... A Best, I Am... and Rainbow are the better ones here... My Story's songs are ALL repetitive... It's like within each individual song there's so little variation that it's SO damn boring. Still, not too bad.

Utada Hikaru - First Love
Utada Hikaru - Deep River
Utada Hikaru - Exodus

First Love was given to me by my mum's tenant back when we lived in Bishan, but I never actually listened to much Jpop back then. It was only after I got Deep River that I recalled having that CD in the first place X) I like her slower songs... Her voice is pretty suited to them, and she carries it off with alot of feeling and emotion put in. Now, for Exodus, her debut English album... There's really nothing good I can say about it... It sucks. Bad lyrics. Baaaaaaaaaad lyrics, sleaze, lots of it, and there you have it, the perfect concoction for bad music. I seriously have no idea which illiterate she got off the streets to write the songs. I always quote this same example of the lyrics in her album, but it's always enough: "I'm easy breezy but you're Japaneesy." I know you wanna cringe. Go ahead.

Sun Yanzi - The Moment
Sun Yanzi - A Perfect Day

I've always liked Yanzi's songs, 'cause they've got good lyrics and she brings out the emotions connotated by the songs. The Moment's a great compilation of her older songs, which includes my favourite song of hers, Tian Hei Hei. A Perfect Day just got released recently, and she doesn't fail to deliver... The title track sounds kinda dumb though. "I have a big house." So what -_-

Liang Jing Ru - Wings of Love
Liang Jing Ru - Silkroad of Love

I heard of her a loooong time ago, but it wasn't till I heard Fly Away from her that I really took any notice of her songs. These 2 albums are pretty different, but she's really versatile and they both sound good X)

Well, there's still plenty of CDs to go through, so I'll leave them for some other time

Prince of Egypt OST
BoA - Valenti
Corrinne May - Safe In A Crazy World
Corrinne May - Fly Away
Twins - Jian Xi Ai Shen
Jolin Tsai - J-Game
F.I.R - F.I.R
F.I.R - Wu Xian
Cai Chun Jia - Ri Chu
Cai Chun Jia - You Yi Tian Wo Hui
Eriko Imai - My Identity
Every Little Thing - Acoustic: Latte
Tong En - Zuo Zi Ji