Wonderfully Simple

Sunday, July 13, 2003

Ah.... Finally a long awaited chance for me to bitch about life. Been busy as of late, so forgive my tardiness at not have bothered to update anything... as if anyone reads this in the first place. I guess its just me venting my shit in some sort of self-denial crap. Ah who knows.

Anyways... the Nationals preliminary rounds just went pass on Sat. First round was up against competition favorites RJ, who's team wasn't too great, but they beat us anyways. We put up a good fight i was told, but well... in the end, the victor gets the spoils and all the loser can do is pat themselves on the back and yammer about small margins or close victories. Utter male bovine facease. At any rate, we pulled a win over YJ in the next round, but for some reason i kinda feel bad abt it. While the YJ speakers really were speaking crap and non-substantiated stuff... their 3rd speaker had a stylistic flare that really resembled a priest. Allowing for an immensly amusing litany of insults on lines like "THEY DO NOT SEE THE LIGHT LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!". Just hilarious. Anyways, i'm just glad thats over.... it was a nightmare balancing prop and opp... in fact in the YJ debate i actually mixed up an opp point into the prop speech. Kudos to winston, who graciously let us use his amaing house for the pre-debate pre. Rich bastard. Still owe him money too.

The silver lining to all this would be a miracle that happened in chinese class. For just about the third time in my pathetic scholistic life, I pass chinese. Even the teacher seemed to have problems accepting this, and shot those strange looks of bewilderment at me. Personally i wouldn't have been surprised if pink furry elephants started prancing into class at that point... 55 % is a far cry from the 10/55 i got for my CA.

I think i shld go buff my nails now. OR sleep. Or i dunno... depressed.